Tuesday, February 15, 2011

'Quirky cooking'

My youngest son is currently on a VERY resticted diet - no wheat, yeast, any form of cow's product, any sugars (including fruits), mushrooms, potato, onion and the list goes on!  So that he doesn't feel he is missing out, we are all eating the same - so there have been a fair few TM risotto's, TM chicken fried rice, TM soups, polenta crumbed fish and TM rice, TM hommous and guacamole, Chinese style drinking porridge (EDC cookbook) among other dishes.  I was concerned at first that it would be a difficult diet to follow, but with the Thermomix it really has not been hard at all. 
Bless him, he asked if he could 'break the rules' today and have an orange - and he is hanging out for his 4th birthday in 5 weeks so he can have some sugar in his cake!

Due to this diet, I have recently discovered Jo Whitton and her fantastic blog with lots of delicious recipes:
 quirky cooking

I made her fried rice the other night which went down really well with everyone.  She is in Perth this week and I am off to her Allergy Free cooking class on Friday, which I'm looking forward to.  The recipes will be on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment